Below you will find the following information:
Your Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights. Click here for more information
Melbourne Smile Clinic Practice Policies
- Please note that payment for treatment done is expected on the same day.
- Treatment plans are valid for 6 months. After 6 months, there could be changes in your treatment needs, hence there could be changes to the treatment plan.
- Please note that 24 hours notice is required for cancellation of an appointment.
- Non attendance of an appointment will result in a rebooking deposit to be paid prior to attendance when another appointment is rescheduled. This deposit will go towards the cost of treatment to be done on the rescheduled appointment. This payment can be effected over the phone or by online transfer.
- The Melbourne Smile Clinic is not a preferred provider for any private health fund but HICAPS facilities are available. Claims can be made on the day of treatment. A gap payment can usually be expected.
- Claims from private health funds can only be made under the name of the person who actually received the treatment claimable.
- Accepted payment methods are: EFTPOS, Mastercard, Visa and American Express, cash, direct bank transfer and private cheques.
Our practice The Melbourne Smile Clinic, ABN 60115659788, trading as The Melbourne Smile Clinic Pty Ltd collects information about you for the purpose of providing health services to you. In addition, personal information such as your name, address, contact details, health insurance and financial details are used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, processing payments, collecting unpaid invoices via an external collection agency and writing to you about our services and any issues affecting your health care. We may collect information about you from third parties providing the collection of that information is necessary to provide you with health care.
We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from them if, in our judgement, it is necessary in the context of your care. We may also use parts of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or at seminars; however, in such situations, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent.
If you choose not to provide us with information relevant to your care, we may not be able to provide a service to you, or the service we are asked to provide may not be appropriate for your needs. Importantly, if you do not provide information that may be relevant to your care or that is otherwise requested by us, you could suffer some harm or other adverse outcome.
For practice administration purposes, the practice may rely on service providers located outside Australia. The practice will take reasonable steps to ensure that any offshore transfer complies with its obligations under Australian privacy laws. Whilst our practice takes all reasonable steps to ensure security of your personal information, we cannot guarantee secure transmission of information over the internet.
The practice Privacy Officer can be contacted at the practice during business hours if you have any concerns or questions about a privacy matter. 184 High St, Northcote 3070. Tel: 9078 4471